- Chats in Cantón Latacunga
- Chats in Cantón Pujilí
- Chats in Cantón Salcedo
- Chats in La Maná
- Chats in Saquisilí
The Province of Cotopaxi is one of the 24 provinces that make up the Republic of Ecuador, located in the center of the country, in the geographical area, mainly on the Patate basin in the east and on the outer flanks of the western mountain range in the west. Its administrative capital is the city of Latacunga, which is also its largest and most populated city. It occupies a territory of about 6,569 km², being the seventeenth province of the country by extension. It borders on the north with Pichincha, on the south with Tungurahua and Bolívar, on the west with Los Ríos and on the east with Napo.
There are 458,581 people living in the Cotopaxi territory, according to the last national census, being the ninth most populous province in the country. The Province of Cotopaxi is constituted by 7 cantons, from which their respective urban and rural parishes are derived. According to the latest territorial order, the province of Cotopaxi will belong to a region also comprised by the provinces of Chimborazo, Tungurahua and Pastaza, although it is not officially formed, known as the Central Region. It is one of the most important administrative, economic, financial and commercial centers of the center of Ecuador. The development of the industry in the province, in general, was based on the manual skills of its inhabitants. The main activities of the province are the commerce, the cattle ranch, the industry and the agriculture. He had different migratory periods coming from the mountains like the panzaleos.
Later it was conquered by the Incas under the command of Huayna Cápac. Spanish colonization occurred with the Spanish foundation of the "Seat of San Vicente Mártir de Latacunga" by the first Spanish encomendero in 1534. During that period the maximum entity and precursor of the province would be the Corregimiento de Latacunga. After the independence war and the annexation of Ecuador to the Gran Colombia, the Province of Pichincha was created on June 25,1824, within which the current Cotopaxi territory was located. On April 1,1851, the ninth province of the country, the Province of Cotopaxi, was created.