ChatRush

All the chats in Petén

  1. Chats in San Benito
  2. Chats in Flores
  3. Chats in Poptún
  4. Chats in Melchor de Mencos
  5. Chats in Dolores
  6. Chats in Santa Ana
  7. Chats in Sayaxché
  8. Chats in La Libertad
  9. Chats in San Andrés
  10. Chats in San Luis
  11. Chats in San Francisco
Petén

Petén is a department of Guatemala located in the extreme north of the country. It limits to the north with Mexico with the states of Quintana Roo, Campeche. To the south with the departments of Izabal and Alta Verapaz. To the east with Belize with the Cayo and Toledo districts. And to the west with Mexico with the states of Tabasco and Chiapas. It has a territorial extension of 35,854 km², which makes it the largest department in Guatemala as well as the largest subnational entity in Central America. The towns of Isla de Flores and Santa Elena de la Cruz make up the departmental capital, which is approximately 488 km from the national capital.

Approximately 60% of the population is mestizo or Ladino, of the remaining 40% there is greater weight among the Creoles and indigenous Itza and Mopán, and in smaller weight is the black or Garifuna population that live in the municipalities near southern Belize and north of Izabal.