- Chats in Coronel Pringles
- Chats in Departamento de Ayacucho
- Chats in Departamento de Chacabuco
- Chats in Departamento de General Pedernera
- Chats in Departamento de Gobernador Vicente Dupuy
- Chats in Departamento de Junín
- Chats in Juan Martín de Pueyrredón
The Province of San Luis or, more briefly,"San Luis" is one of the 23 provinces in the Argentine Republic. In turn, it is one of the 24 self-governing states or jurisdictions of the first order that make up the country, and one of the 24 national legislative electoral districts. The capital and most populated city is the San Luis homonym. It is located southeast of the region of Nuevo Cuyo, in the west of the country, bounded on the north by La Rioja, on the east by Córdoba, on the southeast and south by the Province of La Pampa, on the west by the Desaguadero River that separates it from Mendoza, and to the northwest with San Juan. With 432 310 inhabitants.
In 2010 it is the sixth less populated first-order jurisdiction - ahead of Catamarca, La Rioja, La Pampa Province, Santa Cruz and Tierra del Fuego Antarctica and islands of the South Atlantic, the least populated - and with 76 748 km² sixth less extensive first order jurisdiction - ahead of Formosa, Jujuy, Misiones, Tucuman and the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, and with 5.6 hab / km², the seventh least densely populated, ahead of La Rioja, Catamarca, Río Negro, Chubut, the Province of La Pampa and Santa Cruz, the least densely populated. San Luis was inhabited before the arrival of the Spaniards in the sixteenth century by various indigenous ethnic groups: sedentary as the partiality of the "Comechingones" that were taken throughout the Serrana region, Huarpes of the Huanacache group in the marsh basin to which they gave their name Guanacache or perhaps some diaguitas of the olongasta partiality in the far north and transhumant as het of the great taluhet bias in the plains of the "Punta Punta". In the eighteenth century the ethnic landscape had changed drastically after the European eruption.
The sedentary ethnic groups had been mixogenized and aculturated acriollándose almost totally, while the taluhet decimated by the plagues were replaced or acculturated by groups mapuchizados as the Pehuenche and -principally- Ranqueles -group Mixogenic Hets, Guenenakuna or "patagones" northern, Pehuenches and mapuches in which the Mapuche dialectized language predominated as well as other diverse cultural features -system of beliefs for example- also of Mapuche origin, in the same way, in the extreme south of the province were the puelches -guenenakuna or northern patagones very acculturated for the Mapuches. Although its founding charter has been lost, it is believed that the city of San Luis was founded on August 25,1594 by Luis Jofré de Loaysa y Meneses, lieutenant corregidor de Cuyo. The region was part of the Corregimiento de Cuyo with head in the city of Mendoza integrating the General Captaincy of Chile dependent on the Viceroyalty of Peru. In 1596, after being abandoned, Martín García Oñez de Loyola, captain general of Chile, ordered to found it again. Then the city received the name of "San Luis de Loyola New Medina of Rio Seco". In 1643 the city is moved to the area of "El Talar". In 1689 a new transfer took place placing the city in its current location.
In 1776 the Corregimiento de Cuyo was incorporated into the new Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata. The Royal Ordinance of Mayors of January 28,1782 divided the Viceroyalty of the Rio de la Plata into 8 gobernaciones-intendencias, in addition to the military and political governorates of Montevideo and the towns of the old Jesuit missions, briefly forming the Intendencia de Cuyo, of which San Luis was part as a party. But as a consequence of the report presented by the viceroy Juan José de Vértiz y Salcedo, this structure was modified by Royal Order of July 29,1782 and by the explanatory cedula of August 5,1785, suppressing the intendancies of Cuyo and Santa Cruz de the Sierra and dividing the one of the Tucumán, integrating Cuyo the new Intendance Government of Córdoba del Tucumán.
On June 14,1810, the Cabildo de San Luis recognized the new government of Buenos Aires and on June 28 appointed Marcelino Poblet as deputy to the Junta Grande. In August of 1812 a census ordered by the central authority was finished with the objective of knowing the number of men of military age. The classification of the census indicated the permanence of a system of social stratification of a class type. The population was classified into: Spanish, blacks, Indians, browns, white Americans. On November 29,1813, the Interior Government of Cuyo was recreated, separating it from that of Córdoba del Tucumán, integrated by the parties under the command of sub-delegates of San Luis, Mendoza and San Juan.