Las Vigas de Ramírez
From 1525, a "sale" was established near a bridge of Vigas over a stream, calling it the Las Vigas bridge and when the town was formed, it was simply called Las Vigas. In 1873 the municipality is erected, the Las Vigas congregation that is segregated from the municipality of Tatatila, for the year of 1935, the town of Las Vigas rises to the category of Villa. In 1968 The head and municipality of Las Vigas are called Professor Rafael Ramírez. By official decree that dates from November 23,1976 established that the municipality was named Las Vigas de Ramírez, in honor of Rafael Ramírez.