Villa del Carbón
Villa del Carbón is a town and one of the 125 municipalities of the State of Mexico. Located in the northern part of the state, just northwest of Mexico City, the municipality contains several Otomi and Nahua peoples, in which much of the indigenous culture still persists. The territory of the municipality was defined in 1714, when a region known as Chiapan, was divided into what is now Chapa de Mota and Villa del Carbón.
However, at that time the community that is now the municipal seat did not have an official name, it was first known by the name of its church Nuestra Señora de la Peña in France and later as an important supplier of charcoal, this led to It was called Villanueva del Carbón de Nuestra Senora Santa Maria de la Peña de Francia, which was finally shortened to Villa del Carbón. The majority of the municipality's glyph, which serves as a shield, does not really reflect the city of Villa of Coal, but rather two of the oldest communities: San Luis de las Peras are now and San Lorenzo Pueblo Nuevo. The municipality has an area of 307.65 km2 and according to the 2010 census has a population of 44 881 inhabitants. Of this total, 8778 live in the municipal capital of Villa del Carbón and the rest live among 57 other communities that depend on the seat for government purposes. The municipality borders the municipalities of Jilotepec, Jiquipilco, Morelos, Tepotzotlán, Nicolás Romero, Chapa de Mota in the state of Mexico, and with Tepejí del Río, in the state of Hidalgo.