The municipality of Naguabo is located on the coastal plain, facing the Caribbean Sea. It borders on the north with Río Grande, on the northwest with Ceiba, on the southeast with the Caribbean Sea, on the south with Humacao and on the west with Las Piedras. Naguabo is known as "The People of the Enchumbaos", was founded on July 15,1821. The Parish was founded in 1823. Through the years was presented several changes in its urban structure, until finally settled in 1948. The Naguabo's name originated in that of the cacique and cacicazgo before called Daguao. All this territory was very populated by Tainos and when the discovery took place, the Caribs arrived in this region.