Aguada is a coastal municipality located northwest of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Aguada was established as a town in 1590, with the name of San Francisco de la Aguada, and received the title of Villa in 1778, calling itself Villa de San Francisco de la Aguada. It limits to the north with the Atlantic Ocean, to the south with the municipality of Añasco, to the northeast with the municipality Aguadilla, to the east with Moca, and to the west again with Rincón. It is crossed by the Culebrinas River. His name is Aguadeños. Aguada is divided into 17 neighborhoods and Aguada Pueblo, the administrative center and main town of the municipality.