- Chats in El Collao
- Chats in Moho
- Chats in Province of Azángaro
- Chats in Province of Carabaya
- Chats in Province of Lampa
- Chats in Province of Melgar
- Chats in Province of Puno
- Chats in San Roman
- Chats in Yunguyo
The department of Puno is one of the twenty-four departments that, together with the Constitutional Province of Callao, form the Republic of Peru. Its capital is Puno. It is located in the south of the country, bounded on the north by Madre de Dios, on the east by Bolivia and Lake Titicaca, on the south by Tacna, on the southwest by Moquegua and on the west by Arequipa and Cuzco. With 66 997 km² it is the fifth largest department, behind Loreto, Ucayali, Madre de Dios and Cuzco. It was founded on April 26,1822. Its Virgen de la Candelaria Festivity was declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco on November 27,2014.
It is estimated that in this part of the Altiplano the center of origin of the potato is located cultivated Collao was the territory of the ancient Tiahuanaco culture in the middle of the first millennium. Subsequently, various manors conquered by the Inca Empire in the 15th century were developed in the region. During the Colony, it was an important commercial zone. At the end of the 18th century, it was an important theater of operations for the Rebellion of Tupac Amaru II in its two phases. It was created as a department on April 26,1822 to replace the colonial intendency in advance of the expulsion of the royalists stationed in the area, made only in 1824 after the Battle of Ayacucho.