Ramsey is a town in the north of the Isle of Man. It is the second largest town on the island after Douglas. Its population is 7309 inhabitants according to the 2006 census. The Ramsey port is one of the largest on the island, and an important pier, sometimes called "Queen's Wharf". Ramsey served as the main center of communication with Scotland for several centuries. The town is known by the nickname of "Ramsey Real", due to the visits of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1847, followed by those of King Edward VII and Queen Alejandra in 1907.